This was shot at a demo at UCM. We followed the directions described in a great book of modern food styling.
By Linda Bellingham and Jean Ann Bybee
This ice cream is easy following the detailed instructions in the BOOK.
It is simply powdered sugar and frosting. I have never looked for these in items before, so I was pleasantly surprised to see several flavors of frosting cheap, as well as a deal on the powdered sugar.
- 3 small frosting tubs; Strawberry, Chocolate, French Vanilla.
- 3 standard issue powdered sugar.
- Wood skewers.
- Start with frosting in the processor and pulse a couple time.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar and pulse as you go until it gets to a point it is no longer sticky.
- Put it in a plastic bag and knead it to a ball.
- Use and ice cream scoop inside of the bag to develop the scoop.
We combined the ingredients with a strong Cuisinart food processor.